In 1994, the new head of the NBI completed the Senior Officer Executive Course at the Philippine Public Security College. He also attended courses organized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1998. In an interview with the ANC in May 2022, former senator Nikki Coseteng, who claimed to know Marcos personally, claimed that Marcos was a “lazy person” who frequented nightclubs in his youth and depended on illegal substances with his famous friends.  Marcos neither denied nor confirmed Coseteng`s allegations.  Seven petitions were filed against Marcos` presidential candidacy.   Three petitions sought to cancel Marcos` Certificate of Nomination (COC), one petition sought to declare Marcos an inconvenient candidate, and three petitions sought to disqualify him. Most petitions are based on Marcos` conviction in 1995 for failing to file tax returns. Three applications for disqualification were consolidated and drawn by lot in the First Division of the Commission, while three other petitions were transmitted to the Second Chamber.   The last petition was also delivered to the Prime Ministry. Marcos dismissed the petitions as boring petitions with no legal basis or propaganda against him.  Prior to De Lemos` formal appointment, he sought legal advice from Remulla and inquired about Distor`s position. In a July 22 memorandum, Remulla said Distor`s other position, the senior assistant director, was invalid.
The myth surrounding gold, believed to belong to the Marcos family, has been the subject of various misinformation, such as a 2011 Facebook post claiming that a certain “Tallano clan” had paid Ferdinand Marcos Sr. in gold for its legal services. A few years later, supporters of the Marcos family claimed on a Facebook page called “Marcos Cyber Warriors” that Marcos Sr.`s wealth came from his former client, the “Maharlikan Tallano family.”  “Okay na `yon, settled na `yon. Siyempre, we need to look at other issues that need to be resolved before each return. Meron ano `yan eh, may iki-clear pa tayong mga bagay,” the head of the Justice Ministry said. (This has been done, it has already been done. Of course, we need to look at other issues that need to be resolved before we come back. There are other things that need to be clarified.) The PCGG considers the property the “jewel in the crown” among the seized properties of the Marcos` ill-gotten gains and estimated its minimum value at about $16.5 billion as of March 2015.  The property was turned over to PCGG in 1986 as part of the settlement by Jose Yao Campos, a friend of Marcos, who owned the property on behalf of Marcos Sr. under various companies.  Ortigas & Company responded that Marcos Sr.
forced them to sell the property to him in 1968.  Marcos Jr.`s application claimed that his father had legally purchased the property, but the Sandiganbayan rejected his application on October 18, 2008, stating that it had already rejected a similar application filed years earlier by his mother Imelda.  Marcos maintains a YouTube channel and accounts on Twitter and Facebook. In December 2016, Marcos celebrated a Christmas party with his online supporters.  On September 20, 2018, Marcos Jr. posted a YouTube video showing a tete-a-tete between him and former Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, who had served as his father`s defense minister before playing a key role in his overthrow during the 1986 EDSA revolution.  The video contained a number of claims that were quickly refuted and condemned by victims of martial law, including former Senate President Aquilino Pimentel Jr., former Social Affairs Secretary Judy Taguiwalo, former Human Rights Commission Chair Etta Rosales, and writer Boni Ilagan. Enrile later retracted some of his claims, attributing them to “unclear intervals.”  Marcos also co-authored 4 Senate bills in the 16th Congress. One of them, Senate Bill 712, drafted primarily by Ralph Recto, was enacted as Republic Act 10645, the expanded Seniors Act of 2010.   Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Marcos Jr. On June 19, 2007, Marcos Jr.
filed an application to intervene in OCLP v. PCGG, Civil Case No. 0093 at Sandiganbayan, the Anti-Corruption Court of the Philippines.  The lawsuit was filed by Ortigas & Company, Ltd. Partnership (OCLP) against the Presidential Commission on Good Governance (PCGG) over the former 18-hectare Payanig sa Pasig property on Ortigas Avenue, Julia Vargas Avenue, and Meralco Avenue in Ortigas Center, Pasig City, where the Payanig sa Pasig theme park once stood. but which is now home to various businesses. in particular the Metrowalk shopping and recreation complex.  The Manila Bulletin reported in 2015 that Marcos had already invited Beatles drummer Ringo Starr to return to the Philippines “to close the incident.”  The NBI is an agency affiliated with the Ministry of Justice (DOJ) tasked with investigating or assisting in the investigation of serious crimes committed in the country. Prior to his appointment, De Lemos was first appointed OCI by Remulla. He was later appointed by President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
new director of the NBI to head the office charged with investigating crimes and other violations of Philippine laws. Moises Tamayo, Acting DR, Western Mindanao Regional Office (WEMRO), Patricio Bernales, Jr., RD, Northeast Mindanao Regional Office (NEMRO); Gelacio Bongngat, RD, South Eastern Mindanao Regional Office (SEMRO), Claro de Castro Jr., RD, Central Mindanao Regional Office (CEMRO), Sally Hans Barbaso, Acting RD, CARAGA Regional Office and Victor John Paul Ronquillo, RD, BARMM Regional Office.# Marcos was elected to represent the 2nd Congress District of Ilocos Norte from 1992 to 1995. Marcos ran and was re-elected governor of Ilocos Norte in 1998. After nine years, he returned to his previous position as an MP from 2007 to 2010 and then served as a Nationalist Party senator from 2010 to 2016.  In 2015, Marcos ran for vice president in the 2016 elections. With a difference of 263,473 votes and a difference of 0.64%, Marcos lost to Camarines Sur representative Leni Robredo.  In response, Marcos filed an electoral protest with the Presidential Electoral Tribunal. His petition was later unanimously rejected after the drivers` count allowed Robredo to increase his lead by an additional 15,093 votes.
During his father`s campaign in 1965, Marcos played himself in the film Iginuhit ng Tadhana: The Ferdinand E. Marcos Story, a biopic based on the novel For Every Tear a Victory.   Young Marcos is depicted giving a speech near the end of the film in which he says that he would like to become a politician when he grows up.  The film`s PR value is credited with helping Marcos Sr. win the 1965 Philippine election.  Marcos contested the election results and filed an electoral protest against Leni Robredo on June 29, 2016, the day before Robredo was sworn in.   President Rodrigo Duterte has repeatedly stated that he will resign if Marcos succeeds him in place of Vice President Leni Robredo.  The National Bureau of Investigation (Filipino: Pambansang Kawanihan ng Pagsisiyasat, abbreviated as NBI) is a Philippine government agency under the Department of Justice, responsible for handling and resolving high-profile high-profile cases that are in the interest of the nation. One of De Lemos` accomplishments at the NBI is the development of the Bureau`s Rules of Engagement, which set out policy on the use of lethal force in its law enforcement activities. As a victim of human rights violations commemorating the 40th anniversary of martial law during his father`s tenure in 2012, Marcos Jr. dismissed his demands for apologies for atrocities as “self-serving statements by politicians, self-glorifying narratives, pompous statements and political gesticulations and propaganda.”   In the Sydney Morning Herald later that year, Bongbong cited the various court decisions against the Marcos family as a reason not to apologize for violations of the laws of war: “We have a penalty against us in the billions.